Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Helloween Tribute-- Old Art


Many many years ago, during my college days, I was looking for some new letsplays to watch. And that's when I came across Helloween4545. What letsplay was it that got my hooked? His American Mcgee's Alice letsplay? Maybe his Silent Hill 3 letsplay? Call of Chuthulu? Amnesia? I honestly can't remember.

But I do remember absolutely loving his humor and gameplay commentary so much that I instantly started digging through every playlist of games he had at the time. Whether it was his conversations with "Helloween number 2 and 3" or his Skeletor impressions, or just his general commentary in each game he played, Helloween always kept me laughing. He introduced me to games I never thought I'd enjoy. And to games that I hated, but watched anyway because his commentary was just so much fun.

This picture, for instance? I drew years ago while watching a few episodes of his Alan Wake letsplay, back in 2012. I found it while going through some old sketches, and realized I never posted it. And since Helloween just celebrated his 10 year anniversary, I figured this was a good time to show this old bit of nostalgia. Nothing has been changed since I first drew it, except making the dialogue more legible. Hopefully everyone can see it okay, since I don't have my usual programs to clean it up


HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY HELLOWEEN!

Sincerely,
Tegan Dumpleton aka The Sluglady

No comments:

Post a Comment